As you go through the game, you will definitely meet foxes on your way. In addition to being very nice, they are also your friends who help you find your way to Inari’s hidden shrines, for which you can pet and thank them. Unfortunately, some players don’t know how to do that. Fortunately, we’re here to help you do that. Here’s our guide to ironing the fox a Ghost of Tsushima.
To pet a fox in the Ghost of Tsushima, you just need to press “R2” when you get a clue.
However, there are a few things you will have to do to get it to appear:
1) First you need to track the fox by going to the detected lair or by going to the fox’s screams.
2) Once you have found the fox, follow it to the hidden shrine of Inari.
3) Interact with the Temple by pressing “R2”.
4) After interacting with the shrine, turn back. It should sit right behind you.
5) Approach it and press “R2” when prompted to pet the fox.
If you did it right, Jin will bend over and pet her. The fox will make a nice couple of jumps in return and run away on his own business.
In fact, you get nothing for stroking the fox, but obviously it’s the right thing to do. However, if you want to save time, you can just ignore it and continue your adventure.