Red Dead Redemption 2 has just been released and on some computers it is launched with the “Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly” error. What to do with it and how to launch the game – read in our guide!
Rockstar knows about the problem and has already offered a solution. According to the developers, the most common reason for this error is the old drivers of the video card. It is strongly recommended to update the driver before the first game launch.
NVIDIA graphics card owners require version 441.12 or higher to manually search the website or update automatically through the GeForce Experience software.
AMD graphics card owners need graphics driver version 19.11.1 or higher – manually search for it on the website or update it automatically via the Radeon Software application.
- But that’s not all – you need to make additional adjustments to the game’s launch conditions:
- Open Rockstar Games Launcher;
- under “My Installed Games”, select Red Dead Redemption 2 and then “Settings”;
- Find the View Installation Folder menu and select Open to open the game folder in Explorer;
- Then right-click on RDR2.exe;
- select “Properties” and click on the “Compatibility” tab (this is the default Windows menu);
- check “Run the program as administrator” and “Disable full-screen optimization”;
- Click OK;
- return to the Rockstar Games Launcher game library;
- run RDR 2.